[oletrucks] Re:

To: sculver@iwl.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re:
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:31:48 EST
In a message dated 3/28/00 8:21:26 AM Pacific Standard Time, sculver@iwl.net
writes:

> I read something here awhile back getting the 235 engine to run cooler.
>  Mine tends to run a little hot in the summer, and I'd like to cool it off.
>  What is, and where can I get a shroud that I have heard mentioned, and
where
>  might I get a fan with more than 4 blades?  Would this make a notable
>  difference in engine temperature?
>
>  Thanks-
>
>  Smokey Culver
>  '50 3600 5-window (mine) & '56 3600 (hers)

  Hi Smokey,

  Shrouds have to help, no doubt about it, but my 235 in my '59 I run a 160
Tstat and no shroud, stock radiator and fan.  My temps have never gotten over
about 170-180 (judging by my best "guesstimate" from the stock gauge) when
loaded and pulling hills in 100+degree heat.

  Now I might just be the "lucky one" of the group, not sure.

  Mike