[oletrucks] Motor Mounts

To: oletrucks list <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Motor Mounts
From: Jay Duncanson <jduncanson@crosswinds.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 09:06:02 -0800
Climbing a steep bumpy hill yesterday, I heard a clunking sound
accompanied by the column-mounted shift lever waggling up and down
while the truck lurched.

I crawled underneath, put a jack under the engine near the rear
mounts, and the engine lifted easily up apart from the frame. The
rubber parts of the mounts are rotton. I can't see into that area
well enough to fully comprehend how the mounting system works.

Before I roll up my sleeves and get started, I want to ask the list
membership for information. Can I just order new mounts, jack up the
engine a bit, and replace the mounts? Or is there more involved than
that?

I just want to get the job done in one easy shot. That means having
all the right parts on hand, not get halfway thru and only then
learning something that makes it a  multiple stage project.

Thanks for any advice....

Jay
'49 5 window 3100 / 216