RE: [oletrucks] Electrical Problems

To: "'Doug Pewterbaugh'" <dpewter@email.msn.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Electrical Problems
From: "Peters, Jon C" <jpeters@sikorsky.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 09:01:57 -0500
Doug,
        A quick clean-up of the contacts can be done with a dollar bill (old
well tech trick) great for the side of the road. It does sound like the gen.
was not polarized. Question: dos the amp meter show it's charging? or is it
going the other way? But that would not "fry" the wire, just wouldn't
charge. Fried wires are generally a short to ground. Hmmm?
        If you decide to go with an alternator but you like the look of the
generator you can use a Mitsubishi or another Japanese small dia alt.
mounted inside the original generator housing. I fooled at least 2 judges
with this one on a customers car. The original pulley ,housing (and
mounting), internal regulator.... Looks and cooks! the only drawback is the
alt only generates about 65 - 68 amps but if you don't have allot of
accessories your covered.

Jon C Peters