Re: [oletrucks] Time to hit the "Mother Road!"

To: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Time to hit the "Mother Road!"
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 16:31:10 -0700
I gave my mother a map of Texas from the 1930's that I found on, yes you
guessed it, on Hwy. 66 in Moriarty NM. In an Antique shop that is. I will see
what I can do to Zero some of it or have her send it to me to scan. Its amazing
what 70 years can do to a road map. The nearest main highway to my house is Why
66.  There are plans to make it into a 4 lane. Sometimes the traffic is heavy,
but I think they should leave it alone. Already, parts of it, is a 4 lane. The
first thing you notice on this map is no interstate system, just Hwy. 66
beckoning you to cruise her. How many people really see America while cruising
the interstate? Not many. You just wiz on by. I drove a 48 Chevy 2 ton loaded
with a 82 Chevy rolling 4X4 chassis at 9 or 10 tons. I saw so much of Arizona,
New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Missouri from 35 mph to about 50 or 55 max.
Cruising America in an old Chevy pickup on a 2 lane hwy., stopping in every
little town seeing the towns, chatting with the locals, checking out the other
nice trucks, experiencing the different foods, enjoying the scenery and the
sence of adventure sounds like my kind of traveling. Hmmm? Now, where did I put
those suit cases?
new mexico jim
50 ½ ton 51 two ton dump
and maybe a 54 two ton cab and chassis with a 261CID