[oletrucks] AD Door Hinges

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] AD Door Hinges
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 18:43:39 -0500
I purchased a door hinge repair kit and springs from Chevy Duty. No problems
except that I am having trouble figuring out how to install them properly.
The old hinge post looks like I should be able to punch it out but it will
NOT come out. After 50 years of it being in, I guess that figures. So, I
took a hack saw and sawed it apart to remove the hinge. Its now apart and I
am looking at drilling the post out as well as the top part of the post that
stayed in the old hinge and seems to be welded in. Is there any trick to
this project? Has anyone done this before? The new hinge post looks a little
long and came with two brass bushings that I dont think I need? If anyone
can shed any light on the subject, please respond.

Thanks as usual!

Deve
50 3100
49 3600