[oletrucks] Motor # help

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Motor # help
From: "Terry S. Glines" <ace0027@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 15:35:25 -0500
    Scored a good one today! A friend of a friend is cleaned his garage
and let me have a complete 283 with tranny (3-speed) for free if I would
haul it off. Done deal!
    Now I got it here in the shop and am trying to I.D. it. But the code
space on the front clyinder has no numbers or letters, and I can't find
the numbers on the back listed in any of the sites I know of.
    It has a blow by on the back of the block, canaster oil filter, and
a generator.
    If anybody can help the number on the block is:  731548

Thanks!
Terry & Ace