Re: [oletrucks] Motor # help

To: "Terry S. Glines" <ace0027@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Motor # help
From: J & M Street <jmstreet@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 15:24:23 -0700
Terry, I believe there should be a 3 in front of the numbers your listed.
According to the Mortec web site casting # 3731548 is a 1957. Those numbers
were used on 265's and 283's also they do not have side mounts. You can also
check the head casting #'s on their site too.   http://www.mortec.com/
There is a chance it's a 265 so the head numbers should confirm which it is.
Either way, Great Score!

Jeff Street
'55-2 short/step "Street's Rod Project" (just got the engine mounted in the
frame- YEA!)