Re: [oletrucks] Help with fiberglass body panels!!!

To: <CLLLSLS@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Help with fiberglass body panels!!!
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 21:55:50 -0700
Oh that fiberglass you got to just love it!

I've played around with that stuff on more than one occasion and would begin
by doing the following:
a) take the hood off and lay the hood on a flat surface to see if in fact
it's really flat.
b) check your hinge to see if maybe it's pivot points are worn requiring a
new hinge.

On two hood installs, I had similar problems and just took off the offending
hinge and notched the attachment holes for additional adjustment and cured
the problem.

If the notching doesn't cure the problem your in for some cutting and
glassing on the hood to lower the high side or raise the lower side "your
choice".

I'd probably raise the rear and crank up the front hood adjuster "rubber
adjuster on the radiator support" to see if that helps first.

Hope I helped so,

Joe
http://chevy1.freeservers.com/
http://jeepster.freeservers.com/