Re: [oletrucks] Two unrelated questions

To: "Tony Goldsmith" <tgoldsmith2@yahoo.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Two unrelated questions
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 21:50:14 -0700
Your driveline length is way to long to work for any length of time
"especially on a leaf spring rear suspension".  See a leaf spring rearend
travels on a arc and the drive line will move forward into the transmission
when bumps are encountered.    To be safe, I'd recommend at least 2" of
clearance.
    Some shops recommend sliding the yoke all the way into the transmission
and pulling it out 1 1/2" and then taking a measurement from the center of
the yoke to the center of the pinion shaft on the rearend.  That is with the
rearend on the ground of course!

Joe
http://chevy1.freeservers.com/
http://jeepster.freeservers.com/