[oletrucks] 261 vs 235

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 261 vs 235
From: Brad Newman <bkn6@airmail.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 00:11:58 -0500
I have an opportunity to purchase 2 good 261's, and one "parts" 261,
from a local source for $50. One of the engines has an 848 head, and
both run but need to be rebuilt. On the other hand, I just bought (for
$25) a 54 model 235 at a swap meet this past weekend. Here's the
question:

Is there really that big of a difference in these engines? What about
parts availability? I plan on installing AC this summer, and an
automatic tranny; would one be better than the other? And finally, what
about installation? I know that the 235 needs a short shaft water pump,
but what about the 261? Is it an easy swap?
What's ya'lls vote ............... 235 or 261?
Thanks
Brad
49 3100 (stock)
54 3100 convertible street project