Re: [oletrucks] 1954 bed wood

To: <OlHic@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1954 bed wood
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 17:39:41 -0700
>Kerewing? im a woodworker also and thats a first to me<

I had never heard of this wood either, until we tried to buy another exotic
wood, and they told me about this.  I think I misspelled it, however.  My
wife tells me it is "keruing."  It grows in Malaysia and the Phillipines,
and is relatively expensive.  We are making ours a little thicker than the
standard 1/2 inch.  The original wood was gone, so I assume it had rabbets,
based on what I've read from other list members.

I'm in the Houston area, and found an abundant supply of keruing.  You might
need to go to a hardwood dealer, which is what we did.

Good luck-

Smokey Culver
'50 3600 5-window (mine) & '56 3600 (hers)