[oletrucks] Oops!

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Oops!
From: "John Rockefeller" <dbr@powerweb.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 1995 23:03:01 -0500
Well now I went and did it!  Last weekend I tried to hook up a horn to my
'49 3100 (Eeyore)
Well I did something drasticly wrong!  I hooked up the horn like I thought
it should go and
when I turned the key and hit the horn button it started to smoke.  Filled
the cab actually!
The only thing I can think is that I ran the wire wrong and shorted out the
horn.  Then I put
the old horn back in, the one that was in it the last few years, and that
one started to smoke
also.  My question is....Does anyone have a wiring schematic for a horn
system?  I need to
know how the horn should be hooked up in order to do it right the next
time.  Also I want to
know if anyone has ever rewound an electro magnet for one of these old
horns?  Both horns
I have are 6 volt, but my truck is 12volt.  The horn that used to be in it
worked before I got
ahold of it.  The one I want to put in, a junk yard find, is also 6 volt,
but only has one wire.
The horn I want to put on is about 2' long and kind of shaped like a
trumpet.  Any help would
be apreciated as I am driving around without a horn right now and it kind
of makes me
nervous knowing how my fellow Wisconsinettes drive!  (Use of blinkers is
optional in Wiscosnin!)

Thanks
John "Rock" Rockefeller & Eeyore 1949 3100