Re: [oletrucks] 350 Buick Engine vs Chevy

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 350 Buick Engine vs Chevy
From: "WR Teto" <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 01:33:26 -0400
Hey Jim

Personally, I'd hold out for the Chevy 350 if possible.  Got a local want
advertiser in your area?
Here in New England, I can pick up the local sheet and there will be a couple
dozen Chevy 350s for
sale at reasonable prices.  I just picked up a decent running motor, doesn't
need a rebuild (tho'
I'm putting in a new cam) with the TH-350 tranny for $300.  This was an
exceptionally good deal, but
$300 for motors alone is a good starting point in our area.  It may be more
than you want to spend,
but you can buy new GM target motors for about $1200 with a year warranty.
They lack the intake,
distributor, alternator, carb.  Check out http://www.paceparts.com    or
http://www.scoggindickey.com    for prices and info.

Wally in MA