Re: [oletrucks] Tail lights

To: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Tail lights
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 07:25:00 -0400
Smokey,

   You're right, original lights were one bulb each for stop and tail
lights. No turn signals. Just swap one of the sockets for the double
filament type, get the appropriate bulbs, and wire turn signals to the extra
terminal. The usual 1157 bulbs are too big to fit in the housing with the
glass lens attached, so you need to use a smaller bulb. Spend a few extra $$
and get "Brite Bulbs" from Ron Francis Wire Works (www.ronfrancis.com). They
are much brighter than standard bulbs and can help keep prevent your truck
from getting rear-ended. While you're at it, a 3rd-eye brake light wouldn't
be a bad idea either.

Jack / Winter Park FL