RE: [oletrucks] Insurance

To: Robert Horvick <rhorvick@GreatPlains.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Insurance
From: Jack Halton <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 10:06:42 -0400 (EDT)
Mainstream Insurance companies are pretty clueless about old trucks. I Suggest
you try one of the firms specializing in antique vehicles. I use Hagerty
Classic (www.hagerty.com). They are very knowledgeable, allow you to state the
value you wish your vehicle to be insured for, and the rates are quite
reasonable.

Jack Halton
51 GMC 1/2 ton
Winter Park FL

Any suggestions on insurance?  I will probably put more then 1000 miles a
year on the truck so my local guy says it can't be a "antique" and would be
regular insurance.  He then went on to say that older cars without seat
belts were so expensive to insure until they have been updated that it might
be worth buying a second (newer) truck so that I would not put 1000 miles on
the ole truck.

Thoughts or advice?