Re: [oletrucks] 235 Plugs

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 235 Plugs
From: "Allen Jones" <jonesal@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 14:28:56 -0700
I was wondering the same thing.  I did a little research and it seems that
the lower heat rating (the 43) is supposed to be better for a lower
compression ratio engine (such as the 235 and 261).....?  This seems counter
intuitive to me, so my research may be flawed.  I'm not real fond of the 235
combustion chamber design so I recently installed an extended tip plug (an
AC R43S).  Why?  Because it made me feel good.  I'll let you know if runs
better or worse than the R44 plugs that were in it.

I hope to see some of you Inliners at the St. Helens, Oregon picnic!

Allen in Seattle
'50 3100
Inliner No. 2235