RE: [oletrucks] High speed rear end

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] High speed rear end
From: "Kevin D. Pennell" <oletwuk@fastrus.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 22:35:49 -0400
Hi Folks,

I've got to add that the Ring and Pinion gear sets Smokey is referring to
are "NOT" the same one's available all over for the 1/2 ton's.  You half-ton
owners have several choices reaching way down into the low 3's, and for you,
3:90 or 4:10's are just way tall.  We've been stuck living with 4:56 or 5:14
sets without any options for years, and those ratio's are something we could
only dream of until now.

We've been working with Art Houser for a long time to get these special gear
sets made.  These 3:90's and 4:10's are custom made to fit our 3/4 (3600)
and 1-Ton (3800) original axle housings and they WILL "NOT" fit in a 1/2 ton
(3100) axle!  They are a "Godsend" to us 3/4 and 1-Ton owners, and will
allow us to play with the half ton's (a little), and even drive on the
interstate!!!!  I can't imagine that, but I sure am looking forward to it!

  Smokey, see what you actually have in those 3600's...  Probably 4:56's.

We can NOW Drive "55"!!!

Kevin P.
'59 Apache 38/NAPCO
(5:14 gear sets, soon to be 3:90----Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-E-E-E-E-E-S-S-S-S-S!!!!!!:-)