Re: [oletrucks] High speed rear end

To: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] High speed rear end
From: john dorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 12:57:04 -0400
Hi all,
Smokey didn't specify, but he's talking about 3/4 and 1 tons.
For us there were no alterative gears until now.
A 3.90 gear set is great for these because of our tire size.
For example my 1 ton with 5.14 gears turns about 3000 rpm at 55 MPH. With 3.90
gears it would turn about 2300 rpm at 55.
As it is now 75 mph at 4200 rpm winds that old 235 just a little to tight!. With
3.90s, 95 mph at 4000 rpm is within range.

Oh, oh, I just love the thought of tailgating some slowpoke Toyota at 80 mph.
All
he could see in his mirrors would be headlights and a grill with an old chevy
emblem at the top. He, He, He. Move over Rover, this big old dog's a goin' home!

John Dorsey
Wauchula FL
'49 3800 Chevy panel
'52 640 GMC firetruck