Re: [oletrucks] rear ends 1/2

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] rear ends 1/2
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 10:43:54 -0400
Patricks makes a 3.38:1 set of rear gears for you roriginal housing, your
original is most likely a 3:90, i've heard many good reviews of the 3:38
gears. The price is the ouchy part....395.00 for gears and then ya need the
installation kit if you've gone that far--install kit comes with new
bearing for everthing to make a completely rebuilt rear end. Wayne

At 11:39 PM 5/5/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Someone said there are many options for rear ends.  I really like the
>original setup with three speed for the power(with low spd rear).  I
>understand that no matter what you lose power with a gain in speed.  Is
>there a rear gear change that would only slightly change the ratio to
>improve speed some(enough for highway), but not too much for losing power?
>What is this magical changeover if there is one?  Any personal experiences?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Tex Carr
>59 chevy short step
>
>Free email with personality! Over 200 domains!
>http://www.MyOwnEmail.com

Wayne Osborne
1956 Chevy Pickup
LaGrange Ga.