[oletrucks] column shifter and linkage

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] column shifter and linkage
From: "dph55@pdq.net" <dph55@pdq.net>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 14:21:59 -0500
Can someone with more knowledge or reference material than I tell whether the
column shift box and levers, bushings and all are interchangeable between
Chevy and GMC for the year 1951 half ton?
I have the same old problem every one has with the worn parts. Have been
considering welding the holes shut and redrilling them to take up the slack.
Mine acts as if the neutral gate is in a different place each time you shift
and depending on whether you are going up or down.

Dave Handley
51 GMC 5 window
Houston, TX