Re: [oletrucks] Dash revival

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Dash revival
From: "WR Teto" <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 02:26:43 -0400
Duh, boy you can tell it's getting late Grant.  I knew I forgot something!
Sorry, 'bout that...it's
3M's Acryl-green spot putty, their part number 051144-05960.  I bought a 21 oz
tube.  Spread it on
nice a thin with a piece of 1/4" rubber for a squee-gee, and in 15 minutes you
can sand it.  I had
tried a Bondo brand spot putty that was UV-curable, but you had to let it sit
in the sun a while for
curing.  This stuff doesn't need sunlight.  Looks like I actually may be able
to get a nice smooth
surface for painting.  Being as how a nice paint job is 90% preparation, I plan
to put in plenty of
hours of prep work on the body panels and hope that will help my amateur paint
job.

Wally / Templeton, MA
53 3100 rod project