Re: [oletrucks] Rear end replacement

To: broedel@usa.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Rear end replacement
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 13:32:39 EDT
In a message dated 5/18/00 10:02:38 AM Central Daylight Time, broedel@usa.net
writes:

<< My neighbor is concerned about distorting the axle housing or the
 perches from the welding. I would be concerned about causing the gear oil to
 explode using my oxy-acetylene rig. Maybe i should MIG-weld it? >>

I used an arc welder set at about 120 amps to weld on my perches.  They have
held tight for a year, no distortion detected, and it never exploded.  I did
remove all the internal parts for inspection, cleaning, and repair as needed
before doing the welding though.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX