Re: [oletrucks] PCV Pic

To: "Eric and Linda St. Phillips" <lstphil1@rochester.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] PCV Pic
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 16:42:45 -0700
there are several ways to do this: one, is to use a vented rocker arm oil cap
and, two, is to route a hose from the bottom of the air cleaner and knock out
the knockout for a fitting (for attaching a hose to the air cleaner)  and
attach the other end of the hose to the oil filler cap that has a fitting for
attaching a hose. both were available as stock in those days. the pcv was
available back to at least 54, because my 54 was the donor truck for 50's pcv.
my 57 ½ ton owners manual had some pics of both types. the second method is a
better way to go. the air going into the crankcase will be as clean as what
goes down the carb and no oil film around the filler cap, too. you use your old
sealed oil filler cap with the hose method. i have the steel pipe from the pcv
to the port on the intake manifold. you need a fitting for the vacuum port on
the intake manifold port with an 1/8th inch or whatever size your wiper port is
now and a  port for  3/8ths of an inch or so. so find a fitting that looks like
what you have but with another port for  3/8 pipe. my pcv pipe has a flared end
and looks like an over sized brake line and fitting. No more exhaust and oil
smell. it idles so smoothly with that and a new carb and an hei distributor.
there's hardly a ripple when i place a glass of water on the rocker arm cover
with it running.

--
New Mexico Jim
50 3100 ½ ton