Re: [oletrucks] Headliner question

To: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Headliner question
From: "John Rockefeller" <dbr@powerweb.net>
Date: Sun, 28 May 1995 23:18:37 -0500
I replaced the headliner in my 49 3100 two summers ago with a new cardboard
liner and was really dissapointed.  The liner kept sagging when the weather
got a little humid.  Well here in Wisconsin in the summer that's about
every day.
I replaced the cardboard with a tin headliner that I made out of a piece of
flashing
tin that I had left over from a roofing job I did on my house.  I traced
the cardboard
and cut the tin to shape and size, then I guled a piece of black vinyl, the
kind you
use as a table cloth, to the tin and no more sagging.  You can't tell it's
not cardboard
unless you tap it.  I love it!  If it's a choice between a sagging piece of
cardboard
and a fiberglass headliner.......I'd go with the fiberglass.

John "Rock" Rockefeller
1949 3100 "Eeyore"