[oletrucks] Electrical drain

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Electrical drain
From: "Scott Lent" <sloat@cableone.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 17:29:09 -0500
Probably far too vague a question to ask without any more info, but here
goes anyway.

I've got my '56 3100 running fairly smoothly, and over the last few weeks
had started it in the drive a number of time while tweaking this or that.  2
weeks ago, I drove the thing 6 blocks to the shop where I'm starting on the
body work, and it ran like a top.  Unfortunately, after driving only that
far, the battery was completely dead.  Had the battery tested (OK), fully
recharged overnight with the trickle charger, drove her home 6 blocks, and
it was sucked dead again.

No headlights turned on, no radio installed, no heater installed, no
electrical accessory whatsoever to be drawing the current.  Even if the
generator was completely bad, I wouldn't think that the battery should be
dead after a 6 block drive.

Anyone have any ideas off the top of their head?

Scott...
ICQ 28121896

"You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me."