[oletrucks] 1951 GMC coil problems

Subject: [oletrucks] 1951 GMC coil problems
From: WILHELM GORDON <gvwilhelm@home.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 17:49:11 -0600
Thanks to all who gave me some good suggestions regarding the problem I
was having with my '51 not being able to run smoothly above an idle.
Fuel filter and the fuel pump had just recently been replaced along with
new plugs and wires.  I was left with the points, condenser and coil.
After reading the posts I decided to replace the lot and guess what?  It
works again.  I just purchased the truck at auction and I have no
history on the vehicle.  The points were definately burnt and the new
coil and condenser were cheap.  They were probably long past due for
replacement anyway!

Again thanks to all!