RE: [oletrucks] Turn Signal Flasher Acc.

To: "glperry" <glperry@fwi.com>, "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Turn Signal Flasher Acc.
From: "Kevin D. Pennell" <oletwuk@fastrus.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 13:11:34 -0400
Hi G.L.,

  Problem one is still up for grabs, but I had the same trouble with the red
lens on those fender mounted turn signals blinding me.

  I decided that I did want some light to show through, so I bought a spray
can of red paint at the local hardware store. I took off the rear red lenses
from both front turn signals.  Scrubbed them down good with soap and water
and dried thoroughly.  Lightly scuffed all the inside flat portions of the
lens with some emory cloth.  (Those little ridges they use for light
diffusion can be a pain, but don't kill yourself doing it.  The paint
actually sticks very well even on the spots I didn't get to.)

  Spray a very light coat of paint on the inside of each lens and let it air
dry.  Do this several times till you get good coverage.  (Do NOT use your
oven to assist in quicker drying!!!!  Your wife will NOT tolerate this
behavior for one, and warped lenses do not go back on very well...  I'll not
tell you the gory details of how I developed these wonderful tech tips...)

  Anyway, after about 7 light coats of red paint, my red turn signal lenses
are readily visible when flashing, but do not blind me in the least.  Work
good.  Lasts a long time.

Yours,
Kevin P.
'59 Apache 38/NAPCO