[oletrucks] Noise when torque off

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Noise when torque off
From: Pastorjon994@cs.com
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 21:27:37 EDT
Say Ole Truckers,
    Recently I was hauling some materials with my old truck.  I was on some
rather rough terrain in the field.  On the way to the road, I noticed a lot
of clanking in what seemed to be the drive train, (terrible racket, it
sounded as if the entire truck was shelling out).  I didn't think that I was
going to make it. It felt as though something was locking up or binding
really bad.  I reversed & headed to the office to call AAA.  I thought I'd
try to make it home one more time and PTL, it did come out of it.
    I do however notice that when driving, as I let off the accelerator, with
foot off clutch, I get that noise again.  Not quite as pronounced, but I can
hear it and feel it in the floor board.
    Any ideas?  Tranny? Rearend? Clutch?   1950 3100, 216, 3 on the tree, all
stock.

Jon Callahan
'50 3100
Champaign/Urbana, Illinois