Re: [oletrucks] swapping 1 ton for 3/4 ton running gear (AD)

To: CLLLSLS@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] swapping 1 ton for 3/4 ton running gear (AD)
From: john dorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:35:10 -0700
Dustin,
The rear suspension is a bolt in, the spring hangers are the same on 3/4 and 1
tons.

The front end is more difficult. The 3/4 ton springs are set up like 1/2 ton.
The 1 ton springs are supposedly wider, I would think that you would have to
swap out the hanger brackets.

Before you swap, check the king pins, the hole in the axle may be worn, if so
use the best axle, they are the same size. The 3/4 ton springs would be the ride
difference.

Also where are you at? would you be interested in selling the 1 ton rear
springs?, Maybe the front shackles? The whole front axle if you're close enough!

John Dorsey
Wauchula, FL
'49 Chevy 3800 panel
'52 GMC 640 Firetruck