Re: [oletrucks] Battery box

To: Terry Beynon <tbeynon@dsl.telocity.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Battery box
From: J and M Street <jmstreet@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 22:37:33 -0700
Chassis Engineering makes a great frame mount battery box. I got one for my
'55-2. It's made of stainless steel and unlatches and slides down to access the
battery then slides back up and out of the way. They make 2 sizes and both are
rather small. The largest size just fits an Optima battery. The only other
drawback is, it cost $130.00 As far as seats you might look for some Pontiac
Fiero buckets. They are narrow and fit well once you make some risers for them.
As far as new seats, a company called Steel Horse (?) makes a nice seat. They
bolt right in. It's 2 high back buckets with a flip down center seat. But as you
might guess, they are expensive.

Jeff Street
Seattle, WA
'55-2 short/step "Street's Rod-project"