Re: [oletrucks] Mig Welder

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Mig Welder
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 22:30:05 -0700
>I can tell you from experience that once you own a MIG welder you will use
>it much more than you ever thought you would so you won't regret getting a
>quality machine.

Whitney's right.  Once you get the hang of it, you will use it for a lot of
stuff besides welding in sheetmetal panels.  Think about getting a 220v
machine because you can weld some fairly thick steel.

See if you can find a community college welding course before you buy
anything.  They'll teach you what's what and you can use their equipment
once the instructor sees you won't set yourself on fire.

You'll love it when you get the hang of it.  As Frankenstein said,
"Ungh--Fire Good!"

Regards,

Grant S.
54 3100 (mostly all there)