Re: [oletrucks] Speedometers and weatherstripping

To: "Andy Johns" <andy51chevy@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Speedometers and weatherstripping
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 14:19:36 -0500
Andy-

On the subject of gauges, the speedometer and gas gauge in my truck were
pretty well shot when I got the truck.  I sent the speedometer to Heavy
Chevy, and had it rebuilt and the odometer set at "0".  I'm quite happy with
the work.  Picked up a gas gauge at a swap meet, and applied new decals to
the faces of all gauges.  Decals are readily available in the catalogs.
Everything looks new now.

My point is that even if you have worn out gauges, and faded out faces on
them, they can be rebuilt and made to look like new.  And although I've seen
the digital gauge clusters that replace the ones for my truck, I prefer the
older style original look.

Good luck!

Smokey Culver
'50 3600 5-window (mine)