Re: [oletrucks] 454 is running hot

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 454 is running hot
From: "WR Teto" <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 21:02:02 -0400
Karl, I second Alan on having the radiator reworked as a minimum, or possibly
you might need to
switch over to a custom aluminum radiator.  Any kind of shrouding to help
direct the air would help
as well.  It's my experience that aftermarket electric fans and big blocks make
strange bedfellows.
Check the amount of cubic feet of air that the fan can move, maybe one of those
dual electrics would
be better.  You may also want to look into a high performance water pump as
well, if you're running
the stock pump.

I'm thinking that all these $$$ suggestions are probably not what you want to
hear.    :-)

Wally / Templeton, MA
53 3100 rod project
72 Chevy Malibu