[oletrucks] TF hood problems

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] TF hood problems
From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 14:47:55 -0500
What does it take to keep the windshield edge of the hood down?

Mine ends up about a half inch high when I shut the hood.  I can
push down on each rear corner of the hood and it will return to
its proper position.  It will stay there until I either open it
again or take a highway speed trip for an hour or so.  Then it is
up the half inch again.

I've been through the hood alignment routine in the maintenance
manual twice with no change in the condition.  There are no slots
in the hinges allowing for vertical movement.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bill Hanlon
Klein TX
57 GMC 102 347" V8 w/ Hydra-Matic