[oletrucks] Trucks in Mexico

To: "Old Trucks List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Trucks in Mexico
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 21:52:51 -0700
I spent the weekend in Tijuana.  Not a picturesque city, but it has certain
charms.  My primary purpose was to take in the bullfights, which were rather
good, and the weather was much better than here in Los Angeles.  I actually
got to see it rain hard in the Summer, which I don't think I've ever seen
before.  LA is less than 200 miles north, but it's enough to evaporate any
residual moisture.

But the point of my message to you all is to mention that I saw rather more
50's era trucks in daily use than I am accustomed to see up here.  Among
them were a 58 or 59 chev in fresh if somewhat garish blue, white and black
paint, fitted to carry 5 gallon water vessels, some TF and AD pickups, and a
30s Dodge pickup parked in someone's driveway, needing some work, but with
good metal.

One of these days I'd like to sneak into Havana to see all the old cars and
trucks before the gates open and everything changes.

Saludos,

Grant S.
54 3100 (mostly all there)
54 3100 (mostly not there)