Re: [oletrucks] '54 - '55 1st grille question

To: "Mark Self" <markself@discover.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '54 - '55 1st grille question
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 10:05:25 -0700
>I'm working on my grill.  On the top of the vertical bar (bullet), there
are
>four special nuts.  They are square heads with a shoulder.
>One of the nuts in my vertical bar is missing.

Hi Mark,

I think these are called shoulder nuts.  I had to replace one on one of the
inner fenders.  They make something like them today for welding into place
on sheet metal.  I got one that wasn't wuite the same and then modified it
with my bench grinder to fit.  I found mine at a surplus store, but you
might also get one at a sheet metal shop or a screw manufacturer.

Before you do any of that, though, check out Mr. G's fasteners.  Maybe
they'll have it.

http://www.mrgusa.com/

Regards,

Grant S.