[oletrucks] HEI Distributor

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] HEI Distributor
From: Tom3600@webtv.net
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 04:32:03 -0500 (CDT)
Happy 4th -

I recently purchased a 55 2cd 235 from a fellow oletrucks list member.
I have decided to go to a HEI modified distributor from Jim Carters to
eliminate the coil,rotor,points, etc.   Has anyone had any experience
with one of these?  What sparkplugs should I use?
Also I am going to use an alternator...Patricks lists a "D.A. Plug" to
be used when replacing the generator/regulator...is this necessary?  I
have not seen this mentioned in other 6V/12V conversions.
Grampps used to say "Drink a 5th on the 4th and wake up on the 6th!!".
Be careful with those bottlerockets around your oletruck!

Tom

Tom Poterack
Moline, IL.
'49 Chevy 3600