Re: [oletrucks] Overheats at idle

To: Gordon Groves <ggroves100@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Overheats at idle
From: "A. Jones" <jonesal@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 10:58:25 -0700 (PDT)
I couldn't agree more.  I have a hopped up 261 in my '50 using a stock
radiator, water pump, and fan, and have no trouble overheating at all
(even when I reef on the engine in the city).  I would
suspect that either there's crud in some of the block water jackets or
your radiator has also lost efficiency through crud build up.

I will say as a safety measure, I installed a pusher electric fan in front
of the radiator (installs very nicely on the x brace), and it is invisible
unless you look up into the grill.  The only time I use it is for the fun
of it.....