Re: [oletrucks] New guy, Straight axel.

To: ADvent@thuntek.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] New guy, Straight axel.
From: "A.B." <bigfred@unm.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 11:15:41 -0600 (MDT)
I am aware that there are disk brake conversions for the straight
axels.  I really don't like drums, 1-because I *hate* adjusting them all
the time (I really do want to make this truck my daily), and I personally
don't think they stop as well as disc. I also like the idea of a dual
chamber ms.  The reason for my wondering about a car front end is that it
seems like it will cost about the same to rebuild either the stock or a
car front end, plus I won't need wheel adapters to fit my rims, and it
seems like the stearing set up may be better ( I don't know).  If a car or
truck front end lasts 20 years I will be happy.  :)
-alfie