[oletrucks] Task Force Bed Questions

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Task Force Bed Questions
From: Vince Strazzabosco <vstrazzabosco@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 10:15:33 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Guys and Gals,

As I start to look around at various late '55-'59
trucks, I'm most interested in a Fleetside rather than
a stepside because I can use it to carry heavier or
larger loads.  This is also why I'm interested in a 1
ton or something of a similar load rating.

But my question is this:

Is the frame longer or otherwise different between a
stepside and a fleetside?  I would think so, but
experience has taught me to check.  Oh, and aren't
there two different lengths of fleetsides?

As for the car carrier bit, well, it would be
interesting, but I think someone else is going to move
on the one in Washington before I can do anything.
Kinda big, anyways.

Thanks,

vince