Re: [oletrucks] DMV Story

To: haist@jps.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] DMV Story
From: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 03:08:06 PDT
Whitney,

If you get discouraged with DMV here then you should NEVER try to register a
truck in Japan.  I was denied because I had radial tires on the truck
(original equipment was bias ply), turn signal bulbs were not the right
brand (GE not Nipon Denso), wipers were dual blade instead of single blade.
They hate change.  As always, their 'Civil Servants' are neither civil nor
servant.  Japanese government makes ours look like a well oiled machine.

Also I second the tactic of searching for a small DMV and license offices.
They always seem ready to please and will go the extra mile.  I went to get
a motorcycle license late on a Friday afternoon but I needed a new tail
light bulb.  The part took longer than expected to procure and install but
the guy waited the extra half hour past quitting time and gave me the
license.  I have had similar experiences dealing with plates too.

Durwood
51 1/2 ton 5 window