[oletrucks] Suburban rubber floor material?

To: napco4x4@onelist.com, EarlySuburbans@listbot.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Suburban rubber floor material?
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 21:12:40 EDT
I heard a rumor recently that the rear cargo area material for the 55-57
Chevy Nomad is the same as that for the TF Suburban cargo area. . .of course.
. .it would be a different size at the very least.  Sounds too good to be
true.

It's been a long time since I've seen a Nomad up close, but I would guess
that for these fairly high buck (for restored) cars that someone in that
resto crowd has paid to have the material done.

Does anyone know if this rumor is true?

I know that the vette crowd has invested in reproducing almost all mats,
molding, upholstery, and carpeting as orginal so maybe the 55-57 Chevy crowd
has done the same.

Otherwise, I need to come up with something custom for both Suburbans as the
rubber flooring is fragmenting into small pieces and coming loose from the
wood.

Mark Noakes
Knoxville, TN
58/56 Chevy Suburban