Re: [oletrucks] VIN and serial numbers

To: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] VIN and serial numbers
From: New Mexico Jim <ADvent@thuntek.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 09:48:36 -0600
At least they can't you for $300 for an out of state smogger vehicle. I
registered
a car in Calif that had federal emissions and didn't want to pay the 300 clams.
You cannot convert it  to Calif emissions. It must be "Labeled" Calif., so I
got a
Calif. emissions label and presto, no 300 dollar penalty! This time I stuck it
them, hahahahhaha. Also, if anyone needs Calif emission labels I can get them.
All
I need is a VIN for a Calif vehicle. See, I told ya'll, nothing but idiots in
our
gov't.