Re: [oletrucks] In Defense of Mechanics.

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] In Defense of Mechanics.
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 21:15:45 -0500
Most of my best friends are over 70. They have the know-how and the desire
to jump in there and actually CARE to do the job right. Why do you think
this engine shop waits for him? The answer is because people who are my age
have no heart and no concern. I realize this could be viewed as an
indictment of most of the list, but understand that this is actual fact and
the reason we no longer possess the ability to put a man on the moon.

This country has gotten decadent and is more concerned about the hour they
get off work than putting in a real days work. As a business owner its
useless to even try to convince me otherwise. I have seen for years the
decay of the American worker. This is not a statement against Auto
Mechanics.. its a statement that applies to each and every facet of the
working public. Yes there are good workers of all ages but no its NOT the
norm. Sloppy service, inadequate attention to detail, and whining about low
pay is the new standard. Its pathetic and its getting worse everyday. In the
everyday routine of running a business, I get backorders without warning,
wrong orders, incorrect billing, and more.. each and every day!

I hope to improve the condition of this country the best I can by making
everyone aware that we all have a responsibility to our children and our
nations future to set the proper example and do our jobs to the best of our
ability. You are either part of the problem or part of the solution. Its
totally irrelavent what makes money and what doesnt. If you accept the job,
then do it. Otherwise dont jerk me around for months on end.. just tell me
the situation and I will take my business elsewhere. Problem is, there is
getting to be nowhere to go. I have learned over the last several months how
to do body work, paint, sandblast, weld and rebuild engines. Not because I
wanted to as much as there was simply no competent place to go that didnt
have a HUGE waiting list because of the FACT that these good shops are so
high in demand. Why are the good shops so heavy in demand? Because of the
gazillion worthless shops out there that are concerned about quick, sloppy,
unacceptable work that burns their customers once never to ever get their
business again.

/END SOAPBOX ROUTINE

I have every respect for each of you and your professions. Why I get along
so well here is because each of you are proven DOer's. Its refreshing so I
am sure you all for the most part understand.

Deve Krehbiel
Hesston, Kansas
1950 3100 * 1949 3600
www.speedprint.com/Deves50/index.html