Re: [oletrucks] Tires & Wheels

To: j.eric1@worldnet.att.net, Tom3600@webtv.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Tires & Wheels
From: EEHodges@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 22:44:33 EDT
I got my Michelin XCA 7.50R17 tires mounted today - Thanks Eric for the
help/advice.

The 3 piece rims are safe if treated with respect. I cleaned sandblasted and
painted mine. Then paid a shop to mount them - they must have a safety cage
for the inflation - (Although I saw them inflate my last one just proped
against the wall - not a smart idea). Once mounted, these rims are quite
safe. They are not in demand due to requiring tubes and the lack of 17" tire
options in easy availablilty. Also, all multi-piece rims are out of favor due
to being rather "unforgiving" - death is a big penalty for carelessness.
There was a discussion a few weeks ago noting the 2 piece rims as the real
"suicide rims"

The valve stems are also tricky - had to change out the one's that came with
the tubes.

Didn't get to put them on and drive tonight - have that to look forward to
tomorrow/Saturday.

Emory Hodges
EEHodges@aol.com
48 Chevy 3/4 ton "Rack"

In a message dated 7/20/2000 7:28:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,