Re: [oletrucks] Bars Leak

To: dph55@pdq.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Bars Leak
From: ldfinley@juno.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 14:40:46 -0500
I made the mistake of using a high pressure radiator cap on my radiator
and when it started to leak, I drove it in to a reputable radiator shop.
He repaired the seam on the tank, but when the original core started to
seep fluid after the repair, he said that he could charge me about $300
to replace the core or I could try some Bars Leak.  I asked him if it
would hurt anything and he said no, so I put it in.  That was almost 2
years ago, and I haven't had a problem since.  I believe he even told me
that the stuff has a lubricant in it, so it won't hurt your water pump.
If your leak is small, I'd give it a try before I would go to the expense
of a new core.

Larry
1951 3100 5 Window
OKC, OK