[oletrucks] new purchase and a question

To: OLETRUCKS@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] new purchase and a question
From: MLayton324@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 11:14:14 EDT
well everybody, i found me yet another truck sunday and got it yesterday   i
guess this is number 13 or something like that   neat story behind it   it is
a 1950 3600 that has been converted into a wrecker    has been sitting
dormant for about 5 years
that guy who had it used to be a chevy dealer   he sold it new in 1950   it
was traded back in and thats when they built the towing body for it   still 6
volt(actually has an old 8v battery in it that i have never seen)  and also
still has the 216   it is my only ad truck that has a chrome grille which is
pretty neat      here is my question   i dont have any of my trucks
photograped and sent to wayne yet so i need to explain some general stuff
a few of my trucks are drivers   all of them are complete or 95 percent or so
  i certainly dont have the funds to restore them or to store them properly
many of these i have saved from salvage or being crushed because they were
sitting in one place for so long   what should i do to the paint of the ones
that have surface rust?   i know this sounds silly, but i bought one that
someone had simply brush painted to protect it and it certainly looks better
  is this crazy to consider?  do they make a rust protector or something that
can be applied other than spraying?  i dont have the facility at home to do
body work      sorry for the long paragraph but i really need some guidance
  thanks as usual

mike layton
sumter, sc