Re: [oletrucks] new purchase and a question

To: <MLayton324@aol.com>, <OLETRUCKS@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] new purchase and a question
From: "Karl Lutes" <lutes@fuse.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 22:23:10 -0400
Mike-

The 56 TF I had in college has great memories, got me through summers of
framing carpentry, winters of odd jobs, to and from campuses, in trouble
with girlfriends, the law, took me into and out of great adventures....I
miss you baby....sorry, got a little carried away there. Anyway, I painted
some pretty big sections with a brush, and it seemed to haul just as much
stuff, and run pretty much the same as before they were painted with a
brush. And the truck actually looked better, at least from a distance. I
usually used a roller on the bumpers, though. Nothing like a coat of white
interior
latex to spiff 'em up. Point is, use what works for you and let us know
about it.

I really don't think any rust inhibitor or magic chemical will do much more
than a wire brush followed by a paintbrush or spray can of enamel.

Check out Larry Kepharts low-tech restoration on his beloved Billy Bob at
www.laroke.com/larryk4674/2000/bbwip.htm

Having said all that, I'll second the notion of maybe letting somebody else
have
a crack at a few of those units you've got sitting around. If you're
realistically not going to get to it to drive and/or restore and it's not
doing any work for you, what's the point? Don't worry-nobody on this list
will send one of your babies off to the scrap heap.

Just my humble opinion.

Karl