Re: [oletrucks] Vortec heads

To: CLLLSLS@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Vortec heads
From: "Justin Hartman" <justin_hartman@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 06:44:56 CDT
I've also heard that they are 65 or 66 cc chamber.  They are called L31
heads I think.  All you should need besides the heads are the edelbrock
intake.  Its about 180 or you can take the heads and have then drilled and
tapped.  I'm not sure how much that would cost.  They have different number
of bolt holes than older style heads.  The springs are wimpy.  You will have
to change springs if your cam has above about .450 lift or so.  You can find
then cheaper off of a late model (94*) truck with a 350.  Hope this helps
some.
Justin
55 2nd rod