Re: [oletrucks] Vortec heads

To: CLLLSLS@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Vortec heads
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 22:10:25 EDT
In a message dated 7/25/00 6:46:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time, CLLLSLS@aol.com
writes:

> Hey everyone,
>
>  Anybody know what the chamber cc of the late model Vortec heads would be?
>  Also, how much $$$ should I give for a complete new set/ used set?
>
>  Dustin
>  50 & 53 GMC 1/2 tons
>  48 GMC 3/4 ton

  Vortec heads have 64 cc combustion chambers, if I recall, new assembled
heads are in the $400.00 range through GMPP dealers, I can dig up some links
if you need them.

  They also require a special intake, due to the raised intake ports,
Edelbrock has a carb intake for them, price about $180.00 or so.

  Also, they don't have provision for EGR....if you need EGR functional for
smog, you'll need to come in off an exhaust manifold to an EGR valve.

  Mike